Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some frequently asked questions:
- How do I shop at this store?
- When and where do I pick up my order?
- How do I pay?
- What if I forgot to pick up my order?
- How do I sell through this market?
- Will you take my egg cartons, bags, and other containers?
- What if I get something I don't like?
- What if I forget my username or password?
- How can I be added or removed from the email list?
- What are the fees to use this online market?
And here are some answers:
How do I shop at this store?
To start shopping, click the “Sign In” tab above and create an account. Then you can start shopping by clicking on items and adding them to your cart. The market is open for ordering between Friday 12pm and Sunday evening around 8pm.
When and where do I pick up my order?
We currently offer two pick up locations: one in West Asheville on Blue Ridge Avenue and one in Montford on Pearson Drive. You pick up your orders between Wednesday at 3pm and Friday at 8pm.
How do I pay?
If you have a prepaid account your balance will automatically update.
If this is your first order and you purchased a pre-paid account, your balance may still be zero. We will update it before closing your order.
If you are paying on pick-up, here are your payment options:
1. Paypal: send the amount of your purchase for the week to firstname.lastname@example.org by using the “payment between friends” option.
2. Check: put your check directly in the dropbox, and write the date in the Memo line.
3. Cash: If you must pay with cash, please put it in an envelope with your name written on it and place it in the dropbox.
What if I forgot to pick up my order?
At the end of the pick-up time frame, all remaining shares will be removed from the cooler to prepare for the next week’s shares. Unfortunately we cannot replace forgotten orders.
How do I sell through this market?
Patchwork Urban Farms is in a growing phase, and are looking for new ways to expand product variety. If you are a local producer in Asheville and are interested in selling through this store, please email us at email@example.com
We will set up a meeting after some initial questions to see whether you are a good fit for our program.
Will you take my egg cartons, bags, and other containers?
We can only accept the following types of items. Please do not bring any other items as we will be forced to throw them away.
1. Egg cartons – CLEAN cartons that you’ve gotten from PUF ONLY
2. Pulp containers – CLEAN PUF containers; non-PUF containers can be accepted as long as they are CLEAN and the SAME MATERIAL, SIZE, AND SHAPE as other PUF containers.
If you would like to bring other items we can’t accept them at this time, but let us know if you’re unsure.
What if I get something I don't like?
We encourage people to try new things and expand their palate. If you receive an item of poor quality and you are unsatisfied, please get in touch and we will refund your money. In our effort to constantly improve the quality of our product, we welcome all feedback both positive and negative.
What if I forget my username or password?
If you forget your password or user name go to the Your Account page and click “I forgot my password” and enter your email address. Your user name and a new password will be emailed to you. Please do not open a second account.
Log in using the new information and then change your password to something you will remember on the Your Account page.
If this does not work please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How can I be added or removed from the email list?
A weekly email goes out to market customers reminding then that the market has opened for ordering. You may order even if you have not received this email.
To be on the market mailing list, visit the “Your Account” page and click on “create an account”.
If you have moved away and would like to be removed from the mailing list, you can remove yourself on the “Your Account” page once you have logged in. Additionally, you may click on “unsubscribe” at the bottom of an email.
What are the fees to use this online market?
We’re happy that this amazing online software is available to small farmers like us at a low cost. While we don’t charge membership fees, there is a 6% fee that will be automatically added to your order. We think that despite the fees, you will find our prices competitive. We get charged 3% to use this website. And 3% goes to the market manager/admin. The growers pay an additional 6% to compensate the market manager. If you have questions about our fees, please let us know. We aim to make good food available to everyone at an affordable cost.